Skip to main content

Photo Friday x2

I'm playing catch up this week for not posting any photos last Friday. I have a good excuse, though. I've been busy! Last Friday my friend, Jennifer, came from Alabama to visit with us over Mardi Gras. Unfortunately that day Jathan came down with strep throat so I was at the doctor's office with him Saturday morning. By Saturday afternoon we were off to Mississippi to visit with the Lawrence's and for Jackie to preach at their church Sunday morning. Sunday afternoon we headed back to NOLA. Monday we went to the Sculpture Gardens with Jennifer and later that day my parents arrived along with Keeleigh. Tuesday we got up bright and early to head to the Mardi Gras parades. During the parades Piper and Ryland didn't feel well and ran fevers the rest of the night into Wednesday. I feared they might have caught Jathan's strep so the doctor called them in an antibiotic and we stayed inside the rest of the day and Thursday. Today they seem better and haven't run a fever since Wednesday so we ventured out to PE. Whew! So here's two weeks worth of pictures for your viewing pleasure! = )

Saturday, February 11, 2012

I spy...a closet full of toys and one little boy!


Sunday, February 12, 2012

Little Miss LeeAnna helping Piper get a drink. If LeeAnna catches sight of Piper she makes sure you know that's a "baby!" I think it's so cute because LeeAnna is barely bigger than the baby herself!


Monday, February 13, 2012

Jathan and Ryland turned this box into a spaceship and were flying to Alabama. Ryland decided to pack light!


Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day!


Wednesday, February 17, 2012

I wonder if this huge box of Moon Pie's will help me fit back into those pants I was complaining were too big? Ha ha!


Thursday, February 18, 2012

Piper sporting her Christmas present from Uncle Jeremy. It reads, "If you think I'm cute, you should see my Uncle Jeremy!"


Friday, February 19, 2012

We visited the aquarium with Jennifer. All the kids enjoyed the fish but Jathan was mainly ready to get to the gift shop!


Saturday, February 18, 2012

After a quick visit to the doctor for Jathan, we headed to Mississippi to visit with our first NOLA neighbors who are now ministering at a church there. It was a tad bit wet out!

 

Sunday, February 19, 2012

Jackie got the opportunity to share a devotional with the Lawrence's church and also show them a slideshow of some pictures from Israel.


Monday, February 20, 2012

We visited the sculpture garden on this day. Jathan thought the sculptures were great to climb on. He even helped this one pick her nose. Somehow I don't think that's what the artist originally envisioned.


Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Mardi Gras!


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

One of my favorite breakfasts: a plain blueberry poptart with butter!


Thursday, February 23, 2012

Nana and Pappy brought Piper a very cool new rug for her room!


Friday, February 24, 2012

A family toured our apartment this morning so we made sure everything was neat and tidy! I knew it wouldn't last long so I made sure to snap a pic of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We're Moving to ALASKA

8 years ago at around this time Jackie was graduating from seminary after 5 years of being in New Orleans. We were excited and full of hope. It felt like after years of preparation our lives were now going to REALLY begin!  The seminary had hosted a sort of ministry fair for students to meet with representatives from across the United States. Jackie talked to me about which state representatives he’d like to talk with as we planned our perfect life out in our heads (HA!). He mentioned Alaska which I quickly vetoed; we thought it would be lovely to live near the mountains somewhere out west—maybe Colorado? Montana? However, I went back and told him to talk to the Alaska guy if he wanted to because I didn’t think it was right that I should tell him no. I don’t remember all the states he inquired about that day. I remember him bringing home a memo pad that said West Virginia on it, and I remember him talking ALL ABOUT ALASKA.  Now when God speaks to me I unfortunately do not have a light

5 Reasons I Should Stay Off Facebook

1. TMI So, I remember the weirdest things but one brief conversation I had over 10 years ago stands out to me. It was high school and like all high school girls I had friends, enemies, and frienemies. One of my then-frienemies (we've grown up since then!) was friends with one of my enemies. Standing by the lockers one day, frienemy walks up and says in reference to enemy something like, "She shares too much information. Sometimes it's almost like, 'Hey, guys. I just farted.'" Of course, at the time I ate this up and laughed at her expense but over the years it's been a little reminder that more often than not I need to shut up. Just shut up. I've often been tempted (and have too often given in to the temptation) to over share. I think the Internet feels far safer than it really is. I need to remember that. 2. Friends...or Stalkers? Speaking of "friends", I have 321 of them. I know that number is much higher for many of you, but

I Turned Down a Large Sum of Money.

In Alaska there are lots of homeschooling options. The state has a statute which basically says that if you are a child’s parent or guardian you can educate them. The end. No other requirements, no tests, no reporting. You are their mama and in control (as it should be!) Along with having a private tutor or being a part of a religious private school, one option is to homeschool as a part of the public school system.  Because Alaska is so large and areas can be so remote, homeschooling used to be quite the neccessity. It meant schooling out of a box—correspondence school. Now things have changed and homeschoolers have an entire plethora of options. Here you can join a group (sort of extension of the public schools) and if you meet the requirements, you get money to support your students. A LOT of money. Around $2,000 a child.  I have only homeschooled in Louisiana and Alabama both of which give parents a good bit of freedom. I was nervous about joining a group in which I had to test and