Skip to main content

33 Weeks


33 weeks, wow! That suddenly seems like a lot of weeks behind me and not many left in front of me especially considering that this is the gestational week that Jathan was born during! Also on my mind is the fact that my doctor said anytime after 34 weeks is usually great for twins to be born. To be born! As in, outside of my body and being cared for individually by me. Eeek!

I waffle back and forth between being so, so ready and wanting to hold on as long as possible. Yes, it is uncomfortable. Yes, they are quite heavy. No, I don't have many clothes that fit anymore and I can barely put on my own shoes. No, I'm not getting much sleep. But. What if these are my last babies? Never take your fertility and your family for granted. You never know when God will only choose to bless you with different kinds of miracles from now on. I want to cherish each little movement and protect them with all that I have for as long as I can. I don't want to rush them into the big world; I want to cradle them inside their first world--right next to my heart where they are warm and safe and love is all they know, comfort all they feel. I will keep going for you, babies, until you are ready.

I'm realizing, however, that part of keeping going has got to be sitting down. Twice over the last week or so I've over done it and totally crashed and burned the next day. I didn't put it together at first but after experiencing the same symptoms twice after REALLY busy days, it finally dawned on me that I was suffering from exhaustion. Not as in, wow, I'm really tired but as in my body throwing me down on the floor and saying, "CUT IT OUT OR I QUIT." I  seriously had bizarre chills and aches and a low grade fever all of which led to lots and lot of contractions which became regular. It took tons of rest, hot showers, and a whole lotta hydrating to feel better each time. Duly noted, body. 

Other than feeling like death warmed over those two instances, things have been great! Keeleigh helped me set up the nursery corner of my room a couple of days ago. Bedding is in place, clothing is washed, changing table is set. When I add a few finishing touches, I'll post pictures for all to see! 

Next Wednesday is my next doctor's appointment at which I will be 34 weeks (holy cow!). The doctor will do an ultrasound to check the babies' position. Honestly, I don't think anything has changed. I have this weird lumpy spot low on my stomach that I'm pretty sure is Baby B's behind. At least I'm kind of hoping it is, otherwise I have no clue what it is! I feel movement all around from kicks and punches above my belly button (but well below my ribs, thank goodness) to hiccups on my hips. It's so hard to tell where they are in there! I am still not thrilled with the prospect of a c-section but am at peace with it. I know that it might not be 100% necessary as women deliver breech babies and twins in all sorts of positions every day but it just isn't for me to do since my doctor won't and home birth is not an option. Still, keep us in your prayers. God knows the desires of my heart and I trust Him with them. 

Isaiah 41:10 has been a huge help to me lately. I wish I would utilize it's truth more often. It says, "Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God. I will strengthen you, surely I will help you, surely I will uphold you with My righteous right hand." Love it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5 Reasons I Should Stay Off Facebook

1. TMI So, I remember the weirdest things but one brief conversation I had over 10 years ago stands out to me. It was high school and like all high school girls I had friends, enemies, and frienemies. One of my then-frienemies (we've grown up since then!) was friends with one of my enemies. Standing by the lockers one day, frienemy walks up and says in reference to enemy something like, "She shares too much information. Sometimes it's almost like, 'Hey, guys. I just farted.'" Of course, at the time I ate this up and laughed at her expense but over the years it's been a little reminder that more often than not I need to shut up. Just shut up. I've often been tempted (and have too often given in to the temptation) to over share. I think the Internet feels far safer than it really is. I need to remember that. 2. Friends...or Stalkers? Speaking of "friends", I have 321 of them. I know that number is much higher for many of you, but

Why We're Moving to ALASKA

8 years ago at around this time Jackie was graduating from seminary after 5 years of being in New Orleans. We were excited and full of hope. It felt like after years of preparation our lives were now going to REALLY begin!  The seminary had hosted a sort of ministry fair for students to meet with representatives from across the United States. Jackie talked to me about which state representatives he’d like to talk with as we planned our perfect life out in our heads (HA!). He mentioned Alaska which I quickly vetoed; we thought it would be lovely to live near the mountains somewhere out west—maybe Colorado? Montana? However, I went back and told him to talk to the Alaska guy if he wanted to because I didn’t think it was right that I should tell him no. I don’t remember all the states he inquired about that day. I remember him bringing home a memo pad that said West Virginia on it, and I remember him talking ALL ABOUT ALASKA.  Now when God speaks to me I unfortunately do not have a light

Piper's Birth Story

My entire fourth pregnancy had been different than any other. I didn't have one bit of morning sickness and my baby bump didn't "pop" for months and months. At each of my first and second trimester doctor appointments my blood pressure was absolutely perfect. While I knew that whatever would happen would happen, I held out hope that the uniqueness of this pregnancy would extend into the third trimester and birth--that I would not have pre-eclampsia for the first time and that I would have the experience of going into labor on my own. At my doctor's appointment, one day before the 37 week mark, the nurse frowned as she took my pressure. It was 140/100. She took it again and the doctor took it and then they sent me to the hospital for an evaluation which included serial blood pressure readings and various tests. All the tests came back "stone-cold normal" as my doctor put it. I did not have pre-eclampsia. But the doctor did suggest I take it easy and try