I've felt the challenge lately to be a better steward of what God has provided us with...that goes for time, energy, and money. I've been trying not to waste time which is hard for me because I do like to laze around every chance I get. I want to manage our home well and part of that that has become especially important lately is being a good steward of money. Which is also hard for me because I'd really like to be a high-maintenance girl!
I have taken the time lately to plan our meals around available coupons and sales. We (and by "we" I mean Jackie) shop at Winn Dixie because it has proved very helpful to shop their buy one get one sales and also because we can really rack up the Fuel Perks.
This week our receipt was longer than Jathan is tall! Fortunately at the bottom of that long receipt it told us that we saved a total of $99.32 counting coupons and sales! A quick calculation (please, no one check my math too closely!) told me that we'll be eating for about $1.50 a meal per person this week!
And no, we're not eating ramen noodles and cereal every meal! Here's what our menu looks like for the week:
1. Tacos and Spanish Rice
2. Tatertot Casserole, Salad, and Homemade Yeast Rolls
3. Kraut and Wieners, Macaroni and Cheese, Navy Beans, and Cornbread
4. Tilapia, Rice, and Baked Potatoes
5. BBQ Chicken, Corn on the Cob, and Potato Salad
6. Italian Chicken, Onion-Roasted Potatoes, Sauteed Mushrooms, and Green Beans
7. Grilled Pork Chops, Mashed Potatoes, and English Peas
8. Jambalaya, Okra, and Cornbread
9. Spaghetti, Salad, and Ciabatta Bread
1. French Bread Pizzas
2. Hot Pockets
4. BBQ Sandwiches and Tatertots
6. Chicken and Pasta Salad
4. Cinnamon Rolls
5. Toast with Nutella
6. Pop Tarts
7. Bagels with Cream Cheese
We also got an array of snacks including some actually healthy ones like fresh strawberries (buy one get one free!), bananas, and yogurt (20/$10--Keeleigh is in love with Strawberry Cheesecake yogurt lately!).
So I'm really proud of us this week. Here's hoping we can keep it up!